Thursday, July 3, 2014

Tokyo Diary...


It's 4:39 in the morning, in Tokyo. I just drew the curtains as there is a faint murmur of light outside. Yes, I am in Japan - a country that is absurdly unique and consciously steeped into it's quirky traditions and yet has struck such a brilliant balance between yesterday and tomorrow.  

For example, the following is a piece of the famous Meiji Shrine (founded in 1920), located in the heart of Tokyo, that offers tranquility of the countryside and has an austere grandeur like any other old world architecture.  





And, just a few kilometers away from the shrine, I came across this amazing contrast of colors and patterns:




By no measure of imagination I can be called a traveller. I come from a country that boasts of it's 5000- year-old culture and heritage (currently for all wrong reasons). However, Japan is just too different and increasingly I feel like I am "Alice in Wonderland".

Anyways, I wasn't sure what I will have for dinner last night. So I made this:




And before I go, I made it healthy too:



No comments:

Post a Comment